Get Your Glow On for Summer with Dry Brushing!
What is dry brushing?
Dry body brushing is one of the most effective, inexpensive and natural methods in the 4 stages of proper skin care. Stage 1 - Cleanse, Stage 2 - Exfoliate, Stage 3 - Moisturize, Stage 4 - Protect. Dry brushing is a method for exfoliating your skin and promotes healthy, glowing skin. It buffs away dead skin, boosts circulation and lymphatic drainage and rids the body of toxins among many other benefits.
Benefits of dry brushing:
- Gently exfoliates the skin
- Brightens skin appearance
- Opens pores and cleanses skin
- Smooths fine lines
- Reduces puffiness and dark circles
- Stimulates cellular regeneration
- Promotes collagen production
- Improved blood flow and circulation
- Accelerated lymphatic flow
- Detoxifies to help clear congestion
- Tones + firms skin
- Reduces cellulite
- Stimulates sebaceous glands
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Boosts immune system
- Improve digestive function
Difference between dry-brushing and exfoliatingAlthough dry brushing is a type of exfoliation, the term exfoliation is used to describe the removal of dead skin while taking a bath or a shower, aka wet. You typically use your hands or sometimes exfoliating gloves. Dry brushing, on the other hand, is done completely dry (pre-shower) and using a brush. The benefits of dry skin brushing are a little deeper and more holistic, including lymphatic stimulation to assist in detox and waste removal. Getting rid of the dead cells that give your skin a dry and lackluster look can improve its appearance and give it an "enhanced glow." It also helps with blood circulation and promotes collagen production.
So, give dry brushing a try and wear your best summer attire with confidence knowing your skin is glowing, smooth and tone because you've now discovered the secrets behind dry body brushing.