Super Moisturizing DIY Lotion Recipe
This DIY Lotion Recipe has only 3 basic ingredients and will take you less than 30 min. It won’t leave a greasy film on your skin like most other body cream recipes on the internet.
DIY Lotion Ingredients
- ½ cup pure aloe vera gel
- ¼ cup raw shea butter
- ¼ cup unrefined almond oil or jojoba oil (or any other liquid oil)
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil (natural preservative)
- 5-10 drops of essential oils of your choice for example 5 drops sweet orange and 5 drops rosemary (make sure they are skin friendly)
How to Make Lotion
- Combine aloe vera gel, vitamin E oil and essential oils in a glass bowl. Set aside for later. If the aloe vera gel was not at room temperature set the bowl in a warm water bath to bring it closer to the temperature of the oil/butter blend you’ll mix it with. This will help to emulsify it.
- Combine almond oil (or any other liquid oil) and the raw shea butter in a double boiler or a glass bowl over a pan of water.
- Pour the oil/butter mix into a blender and allow to cool. Let it cool down until it barely starts to harden on the edges.
- Start blending on low using a blender. Very slowly start pouring the aloe vera mixture until fully incorporated.
- Stop blender and use a spatula to wipe down the sides and re-blend a few times until everything is fully blended. This may take a few minutes to reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer your fresh all natural moisturizer to clean glass jars and store in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
We hope you will enjoy this lotion recipe as much as we do! And don’t forget to do your dry brushing before. You will love the feeling of your skin!
Let us know what how you like it! :)