Fun and Easy Body Scrub Recipe Ideas
The truth is you don’t need a lot of products and most importantly you should only use products on your skin you could also eat. Remember your skin is your second mouth and what goes on your skin goes in your body and most natural beauty products still have questionable ingredients you probably would not want to eat.
The perfect complement to a dry brushing routine is using a natural chemical-free food-grade scrub. Here are some great DIY scrub recipes that will save you a lot of money and easy to make. Most of the ingredients you can already find in your kitchen. Have Fun Experimenting and enjoy your new, soft, silky skin!
Basic DIY Sugar Scrub Recipe:
- I cup of sugar, preferably brown and organic or Epsom salt
- ½ cup carrier oil such as grapeseed, sunflower, almond, sesame or Coconut oil
- 5 drops essential oils of your choice
- 8 oz glass mason jar
Pour sugar into a bowl and slowly stir the oil into it until the mix is smooth. You may not need all the oil. Add the essential oils and spoon the blend into a glass jar or decorative container with a tight-fitting lid.
ZEN ME Tip: Use homemade body scrubs along with body brushing to open your pores before giving yourself any other body treatment or to prepare your skin for an even tan.
Other DIY Body Scrub CreationsHere are a few of our favorites. Have fun with all kinds of cool scrub creations.
- Honey Cinnamon Sugar Scrub: ½ cup of sugar, ¼ cup honey, 2tblsof your favorite oil, 1 Tsp of cinnamon,Yumm!! :)
- Lavender Vanilla Sugar Scrub: ½ cup of sugar, ¼ cup of coconut oil, ¼ tsp of vitamin E oil, ¼ Tsp real vanilla extract and 5 drops lavender essential oil
- Banana Sugar Scrub: 1 ripe banana, 2 Tbls granulated sugar, ¼ Tsp pure vanilla extract or your favorite essential oil (optional).Yumm,yumm!
- Zesty Citrus Salt Scrub: ½ cup salt (Epsom or sea salt), ¼ cup oil of your choice, 1 Tsp citrus zest (lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit), 5-10 drops citrus essential oil like orange, lemon or grapefruit (optional)
- Sage Rosemary Salt Scrub: ½ cup salt (Epsom or sea salt),¼ cup oil of your choice, 1 Tsp sage and rosemary powder, 5 -10 drops essential oil of your choice
- Green Tea Lemongrass Salt Scrub: ½ cup salt (Epsom or sea salt), ¼ cup oil of your choice, 1 green tea bag, 5-10 drops or lemongrass essential oil
These are a few awesome body scrubs you can easily put together in less than 5 min! Pamper yourself or make them as unique and thoughtful holiday gifts for friends and family. :)