Konjac Sponge: Is It Right for Your Skin Too?
Girls, if you have used natural sponges ever you know that there is simply nothing like them. A 100% natural sponge is the best skin care product one can ever have. These squishy miracles might have or will change your skin forever. The Konjac sponge is such a product.
To know how beneficial it can be to your skin, let's begin with understanding what it is. Konjac comes from a potato plant that is popular in Asia. To go by the history, the Japanese have used it as a food source for almost over 1500 years. It is over the last century Konjac potato is being used for beauty treatments as well. The Konjac sponge is handmade from the plant’s fiber. Additionally, other natural ingredients such as French clays and charcoal from bamboo are often being added to the fiber. This is why it is very gentle on the skin and it is 100% biodegradable thus completely eco-friendly.
The sponge is a gentle cleanser enabling you to cleanse both your body and face. It acts as a soft exfoliator helping you to get rid of dead skin cells and since it has that extra soft texture anyone can use it, including babies. When used as a makeup remover, it will gently take off the makeup in a few minutes without leaving your skin rough. Many different types of Konjac sponges are available in the market today, each offering significant skin care benefits. Let’s have a look at them;
- White Sponge: A facial sponge with no chemicals, colors and additives. After use it will leave your sensitive skin super soft and supple. It can be even used on babies skin.
- Black Sponge: Individuals with acne prone skin can try this out as it is manufactured with the benefits of charcoal, it will deeply cleanse your face. Hence, you can fight blackheads as well as clogged pores.
- Green Sponge: It has the benefits of green clay, which aids in tightening pores and renewing damaged skin cells. It is ideal for those who have combination skin.
- Red Sponge: It is an anti-aging sponge. Yes, you read it right. Even sponges can be anti-aging. Since it has red clay, it will brighten your skin and will reduce appearances of wrinkles or fine lines.
- Pink Sponge: While it is one of the most popular and prettiest of the sponges, it also does so many good things for your skin too. Pink clay being one of its main elements it helps in improving the elasticity of your skin, making the skin more youthful.